ROUND ROCK DRAGON LACROSSE CLUB
Player/Parent Code of Conduct
As a member of The Round Rock Dragon Lacrosse club you are expected to adhere to a code of conduct as set forth by the coaches and the board. Responsibilities and requirements come along with the privileges of being a member of the team. All team members will be held accountable to the following commitments.
- Maintain passing grades in all academic classes for each grading period. Passing grades are determined by the RRDL club teacher sponsor and reported to the head coach. Players that are ineligible due to academics may not participate in any game until a passing grade is recorded at the mid-term or end of grading period. (mid-term grades do not negatively affect playing time)
- Abstain from the use or possession of illegal drugs, improperly obtained prescription drugs, drug paraphernalia, alcoholic beverages and tobacco.
- Refrain from irresponsible or disrespectful use of social media, any form of bullying and property destruction.
- Attend all scheduled practices and meetings on time. If a player cannot make a practice/meeting or will be late, he must contact the coach via text. Absences or tardiness may result in reduced playing time. Playing time will be determined by many factors and will be the sole discretion of the coaches.
- Refrain from the use of profanity, poor sportsmanship and hazing. Treat teachers, coaches, peers, spectators and competitors with respect.
- Fans and spectators must remain on their respective side of the field opposite from the bench area during games and may not be on the field at any time during the game. The end lines must remain clear (of spectators and photographers) for the safety of the players and the spectators. ** If you bring small children, please ensure they remain at least 5 yards back from the sideline.
- Supporters of Round Rock Dragon Lacrosse are expected to adhere to a similar level of sportsmanship and behavior as the players. Profanity or disruption of the game as determined by the officials or coaches may result in ejection from the premises by the on-site administrator.
- Parents are expected to support the efforts of the team, coaches and the RRDL board. ALL grievances and concerns from parents must be submitted to the RRDL club President and will be addressed in a fair and timely fashion. Players should direct any questions/concerns to their coach. **Please wait 24 hours after a game to discuss any concerns.
- Any volunteers that assist the RRDL team shall commit to holding all information related to the team and families confidential and only for the use of supporting or promoting Round Rock Dragon Lacrosse.
Failure to abide by the rules and commitments set forth by the Round Rock Lacrosse Club, the coaches and its board may result in suspension or dismissal.
Along with the above mentioned Code of Conduct, Round Rock Dragon Lacrosse adheres to the RRISD Athletic Code of Conduct, and RRISD Extracurricular Code of Conduct.